Monday 12 November 2012

One chilly Sunday


{ an eggnog latte and pumpkin scone }
{ feeling like a little kid again in the bulk candy section }
{ planes flying in memory of all the soldiers who gave their lives for our freedom }
{ catching up while drinking coffee with my friend kendra }
This past Sunday was Remembrance day in Canada, a day to honor the lives of those who sacrificed them while serving our country. All of my grandparents served in World War 2, in everything from nursing wounded soldiers to sailing the seas in the navy. I am so thankful to live in a country where peace reigns. If it wasn't for people like my grandparents, our lives would be much different than what we know today. To live in a peaceful country is such a blessing, especially when so many other countries are rattled by war. Even though Remembrance day has passed, it's important to remind ourselves of the freedom we have been blessed with everyday! 

Much love, Vivi

3 comments:

  1. Love the first picture mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful Sunday! I love those red Christmas StarBucks cups! It must be so interesting to talk to your grandparents about all their history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep a poster above my bed which reminds me of the sacrifice people have made... keeps me humble...

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete