Wednesday 1 August 2012

Mocha buttercream



It's a long-known fact in my home that I love to bake cupcakes. So much so that a few nights ago I came home to an ultimate cake decorating set as a gift from my family! From the moment I saw it I was itching to bake up an entire fleet of these adorable little treats. Faced with the decision to only bake one treat for the rest of my life, cupcakes would most definitely be my number one. Give me a cupcake and a chai latte and your wish is my command. Seriously. ;) I used a box mix for the cake and a simple mocha buttercream for the icing!


Ingredients:

1/2 cups butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in a splash of hot water

Directions:

1. In your mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy, then add the powdered sugar and beat till creamy again.

2. Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract & coffee.

3. Beat with the mixer until it's nice and fluffy (about a minute or 2)

4. This makes a perfectly spreadable frosting. The nice thing about it is that you can put it in the fridge to make it a little more firm if you would like.
  
Much love, Vivi

16 comments:

  1. my boyfriend loves cupcakes, these will be a nice surprise for him. Thanks!

    Xo
    Kat
    http://XoPhotographyByKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mocha buttercream looks amazing! Mocha is one of the best flavors out there. I love making cupcakes as well!

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! i love cupcakes. even more when they're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. these look soo soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you like to bake cupcakes? I love to eat cupcakes! Can I come live with you? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. I need one of these, ASAP.
    They look delicious!

    jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. Mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is soooo cute! This cupcake looks delicious!
    I'm def. one of your newest followers and I'll make sure to come back very often. Can't wait to browse through your older posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the recipe! My first and last cupcakes turned out to be a disaster, so I really need a tested recipe that works! :D

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, these look absolutely delicious!!! thanks for the recipe girl ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh that looks delicious! I would love to have one of those right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vivi - LOVE your blog. Those cupcakes look YUM-MEE.

    Your newest follower,

    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm! yummy! I always come here to your sight and leave feeling hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful blog! loving this

    www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look delicious !

    xo ,
    Ana Catalarrana
    http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete