Wednesday 8 August 2012

Upside Down Plum Cake

A few days ago, my family and I experienced our annual plum jamming night. I know, sounds roaringly fun... ;) The fruit from our backyard plum trees was piling up in our kitchen as more and more plums ripened. By the time we began the jam making, two plastic totes and six ice cream buckets were overflowing with plums. It was definitely the largest amount of plums we've had in years! After a long evening of processing fruit, adding sugar, stirring on the stove... and repeating around thirty times, we had a happy family of jam jars lined up on our kitchen counters. Almost every inch of the counter was covered in jars! I had always wanted to try my hand at an upside down cake, and having so much fruit at my disposal and finding this recipe just sealed the deal. Upside down plum cake was a done deal.
Much love, Vivi

6 comments:

  1. That cake looks amazing, I think I may have to give it a try someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good! Can I please have a slice for dessert?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks delicious!
    i should try this. i seldomly eat plum

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks soo moist and yummy...mail me a piece!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch ENJOY 20% OFF WITH THE CODE HAPPYTIME

    http://prettylittletitch.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm! That looks so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete