Friday 9 August 2013

A cake with a little secret


This cake isn't much unlike his unhealthy, equally as tempting cake cousin. Both are delicious, lip-smacking, dinner-replacing worthy creatures. EXCEPT. This cake, my friends, has a whole can of white navy beans. As in, beans. Yes, beans. BEANS. When I saw this recipe on Joy the Baker's blog, my inner kitchen rebel couldn't pass it down. Pfff, beans in a cake?! If that works then I neeeeed to try it out. And I did. And I'm hooked. I followed the cake recipe and then topped it with a classic mocha buttercream icing. Delicious!

Much love, Vivi

2 comments:

  1. Wow that cake is gorgeous! And beans?? I'm intrigued as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your buttercream is so perfect! i, for some reason, am horrible at making it! :( and those gardens are gorgeous! i just recently went to a camp grounds and took tons of pictures! nature is so beautiful! will be blogging about it soon!

    -jules
    www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete