R E C I P E
1. Combine 1 cup of dry lentils with 1 bay leaf and 2 sprigs of rosemary. You can also use one tsp. of ground rosemary instead of the sprigs. Add enough water to cover the lentils by one inch in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 16- 20 minutes until the lentils soften
3. Next, drain the lentils and discard the bay leaf
4. Finely chop 1 cup carrots, 1/3 cup celery, 1/4 cup bell pepper, and 1/2 cup cucumber. Optional: 1/4 cup chopped green onion.
5. Add in one 15 oz. can of chick peas to the salad and mix together
6. Finally, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, or 5 tsp. of lemon juice.
E N J O Y!Much love, Vivi