It is past 11pm on a rainy Thursday evening. The house is quiet and everyone except this typing night owl are fast sleep. After the activities of tomorrow are complete, I will have 6 weeks of the Winter 2016 semester behind me. Okay, one of those weeks was reading break, but that week held an enormous amount of schoolwork, so I'd say it counts... :)
I can honestly say that I've learned a lot this semester, and I'm not only talking about organic chemistry and social psychology.. These past few weeks have held much more. What have I learned, you ask? Well, let's take a step back...
1. Even when you feel slapped in the face with a grade, still be kind to your professors. Take as much as you can out of it. Even if you poured your life into a paper and didn't get a grade that reflects that, try your hardest to make the most of the situation. In the words of one very wise woman (mom.. :) shoot for excellence, not perfection.
2. Coffee is amazing.
3. So is lemon loaf.
4. Even if you have to muster up a bucketful of courage, talk to new people around you. So many people just need someone to listen to them and show an interest.
5. When your day has been long and your feet are sore and all you feel like doing is resting, then rest. Watch an episode of Fixer Upper and your day will become infinitely better. I'm not much of a TV watcher, so this is a big deal folks. Make yourself a coffee or an earl grey tea and thank God for the ability to take a break.
6. When all you can think about is a problem of your own, go and do something for another person.
7. Just because it's a no now does not make it a no forever.
Much love, Vivi