2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325* F and line two large cookies sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the middle. In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs and egg yolks. Stir in the melted butter. Place the egg mixture in the well in the flour mixture and stir until the dough starts to form a ball. Stir in almonds and cranberries. (dough will be crumbly) Use your hands to kneed until the dough comes together.
3. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into three equal portions. Shape each portion into a 14-inch roll and place about 3 inches apart on prepared cookies sheets, flattening each to about 1 1/2 inches wide. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until rolls are firm and light brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer rolls to cutting board. Cut each roll diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool completely.
6. Dip one end of each biscotti into cream cheese icing and place on wire racks over sheets of waxed paper.
Cream cheese icing:
Beat 3 ounces softened cream cheese and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract until creamy. Beat in one cup powdered sugar, adding milk as needed to make an icing of dripping consistency.
Store at room temperature for up to three days or freeze for up to a month!
Much love, Vivi