Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas & pumpkins

When thanksgiving celebrations are over and Christmas fills everyone's hearts and minds, I find it hard to part with the mini pumpkins and gourds of autumn. Silly, I know, but I love autumn. Instead of letting the pumpkins and gourds find a new life in the garbage, I thought that a little face lift could help ease them into Christmas time. All it took was a coating of silver spray paint and these guys are Christmas ready. I decided to spray only the mini pumpkins to let the gourds give the display some natural color. On top of a few doilies and with candle sticks and sparkly leaves in between, these almost-tossed pumpkins make a fantastic transition into winter, I'd say. :)

Christmas decorating going on in full force over here! (no complaints here.)

2 comments:

  1. i hear ya! i always have a hard time letting go of the pumpkins and leaves! ;)

    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver paint really draws attention to their texture, how nice! I just wanted to let you know i nominated you for the Leibster Award! You can see what that is here http://thosegoodvibrations.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete