Monday 6 June 2016

Chopin Has Something To Say



Why, hello! Greetings! Yes, we do know each other- it has just been a VERY long time! The month of May held moving houses (cue the deep cleaning and organization), studying/tests/digging deep into physics, volunteering with some pretty wonderful organizations, and now, preparing for my Biology honors project with some reading, reading, and READING! 

Exciting times.

Really, I love what I am doing! If asked in a game of would you rather if I would rather read about treatments for rare genetic conditions or relax by a pool all day.. I would pick the reading (by the pool of course.. ;) 

Our new house is wonderful. There is a creek that runs through the backyard, a garden of mint, jasmine, bamboo... It's stunning. I've already given "tours" of the backyard to friends, and I think I probably beam the whole way. Nature is a beautiful expression of God's grace and creativity. I'm so happy to be able to live here surrounded by reminders of God's goodness.

Not being in the thick of the academic year gives me some much needed thinking time. I've been thinking about many aspects of my life, how I spend my time, what I'd like to do differently, continue doing, and different goals for the short term and long term. And while doing so, Chopin has been keeping my ears company. Just as the sights of nature provide visual reminders of God's goodness, the sounds of Chopin make my ears just as sure. 

Much love, Vivi 


No comments:

Post a Comment