Monday 12 September 2011

Falafel Night!


      When I was in New York earlier this year, I saw signs advertising falafel EVERYWHERE. Behind every corner and every little twist, there was yet another faithful store selling it's falafel. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to try any while I was there. You can imagine my surprise when I saw mixes for sale at the grocery store here in B.C! We picked up a box with absolutely no idea how to make it, and not a clue what to put in it, but, hey! They have it in New York, it must be good! ;) 
Well, it was a success! I also made some tempura vegetables and shrimp to go with the deep-fried theme. I'm such a health buff! Topped off with mango slices and a fresh salad of romaine lettuce and snap peas, our meal was complete!

Here they are! These suckers are deep-fried and deeeelicious!


The only healthy part of our meal...


And here's a peek at what I had at Red Robin the other day! Yam Fries dipped in chipotle mayo. Amaaazing.  


Mmmm mmm. Food is good. What have you been devouring today? Anything deep fried and delicious? ;)


Much love, Vivi

No comments:

Post a Comment