- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 3 heaped tablespoons nutella
- a few splashes whipping cream or half and half, really any amount until you reach your desired consistency!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly butter a donut pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch (or potato starch), baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, butter, vinegar and egg.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a spatula until moist.
Scoop batter evenly into donut pan.
Place into oven and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned.
I decided to top these off with roasted coconut flakes. What a delicious choice that was. To roast coconut, line a pan with parchment and spread coconut flakes out evenly. In a preheated oven to 350 degrees, watch coconut VERY closely for about five minutes or until lightly browned.