Thursday 9 July 2015

Giver of all Good Gifts

J U L Y 9th 

I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Attending class in the morning and learning all about infinite sequences and sums! Wahooo calculus!
Finishing a math assignment & making summary sheets with key formulas and examples
Running a few errands with my mom in the evening

Rest & Enjoyment:
Smash booking memories. My smash book necessities include textured paper, photos galore, fine tip black pens, and the Bahamas or First Aid Kit playing in the back ground... :) 
Reading Monday Mornings and making it to the half way point in the book
Reading chapters from the book of Hebrews
Having lunch with my brother and watching an episode of 22 minutes. Does anyone else find that show incredibly funny?! 

Take aways: 

1. School is very time consuming. I'm sure this comes as no surprise to my fellow students! Attending class, meeting with professors, driving to and fro, completing assignments.. The list goes on. School may take up a lot of time, but education is one of the best things we can invest our time into. I have always loved learning. And as strange as it feels to say, this summer so far has felt like my favorite summer ever, and it's the first summer that I'm taking full term summer classes. When I'm keeping my brain sharp I actually enjoy life even more. 

2. Today was my last day as a teenager. Tomorrow I will turn the big 20! Wow. I've done some thinking about life on earth for two whole decades. That's a lot of time, a lot of breathing, moving, living, building relationships, making mistakes, forgiving, being forgiven, learning, loving, moving forward. I can say confidently that God has been so faithful for 20 beautiful years. Amidst pain and life's "curveballs" He is there. He is my comforter. He is my healer. He is my provider. And I am beyond excited for more and more decades of time spent focusing on the truth that He is the giver of ALL good gifts.

Much love, Vivi 


No comments:

Post a Comment