Monday 27 July 2015

Run & not grow weary

J U L Y 27th 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Today felt like Christmas. There was no carol singing, tree decorating or turkey dinner, but there was an unmistakable peace. There was peace amidst all the physical pain and discomfort. Peace in the quiet hours of resting and reading, having homemade brownies brought to me, having my brother take an updated picture of my growing dahlia from the garden. 

Let me leave you with a verse that continues to help me as this post-surgery journey continues:

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Thank you for this promise, God. I look forward to running, jumping, walking, and dancing with joy again soon! 

Much love, Vivi  

No comments:

Post a Comment