Friday 17 July 2015

Peaceful Drives & Blueberries

J U L Y 16th
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 
Productivity:
Finishing three physics tests in a row for my class. Whew.
Having Calculus class with a (long) quiz at the end
Starting a math assignment

Rest & Enjoyment:
Having dinner and lattes (chai for me, London fog for her) with my dear friend Hannah
Driving to school with my brother in the morning, enjoying the light peeking through grey clouds. Does anyone else find drives peaceful? With limited traffic, of course... :)
Having my first bowl of blueberry oatmeal with our new purchase of 40 pounds of berries! We buy blueberries in bulk every summer, and then freeze them to have in smoothies, oatmeal, and pies.

Take aways:
I didn't used to like driving. In fact, I dreaded the thought of cars all around me, having to check multiple mirrors, and coordinating all my movements. After having my licence for quite a while now, I'm much more comfortable on the roads and have actually learned to enjoy my time in the car. Since my University is about 30 minutes away, I spend a lot of time in the car. Should this time be put down as "travelling time" and thought nothing more of? I don't think so.

If I really see time as precious and valuable, even time spent in the car becomes more than just a drive. It becomes an opportunity to talk with my brother, my dad, or a friend that I'm driving with. It becomes a time to look out at the world through the windows, enjoy the scenery, architecture, and nature. It becomes a time to think, listen to music, and have some time of peace. Of course, those left turns and highway drives require attention and focus, but when I'm open to it,  time in the car can be time well spent.

Much love, Vivi  


No comments:

Post a Comment