Saturday 11 July 2015

To play guitar

J U L Y 11th 

I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Completing a math assignment 
Writing out key points for the current math chapter on my new white board (this is an AMAZING way to study! I can't believe it's taken two years of university to start this)
Reviewing a physics chapter in preparation for three tests next week. Oh boy!
Hanging my newly framed painting on my wall 
Writing down a few goals for the year of being 20

Rest & Enjoyment:
Starting the day off by reading the book of Malachi
Having a slice (or two) of yesterday's birthday cake with a big mug of chai tea 
Diving deep into my novel Monday Mornings 
Playing my guitar for a solid hour 
Spending time with my family 

Take aways:

1. Today was a very relaxed, mellow day. The sudden change in weather from almost 30 degrees and sunny to grey skies and light rain most definitely helped add to the relaxed feel of the day. Today was an example that some days are much more work than play. I took my birthday off to relax and enjoy time with family, so today I went full force ahead with studies. Although the majority of my day was spent doing something study related, the little bits of time spent doing "non-study" things helped me be even more productive when doing my work. Playing guitar, for example, helped me have a total mental break, and the tunes of each strum were so uplifting. The biggest take away from today is this: some days I've just got to put in the hard work, yet in the midst of busy activities, doing things that make me feel uplifted (like playing guitar or chatting with my family) enables me to be even more productive.  

July 11th, thank you that even though you brought a lot of schoolwork, you also brought a relaxed and peaceful tone to the day. Thank you for teaching me that "sprinkling" my day with uplifting activities positively affects everything else that I do. 

Much love, Vivi 

No comments:

Post a Comment