Sunday 26 July 2015

Still Valuable

J U L Y 26th
 I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Dear day two post surgery, you certainly came with your challenges. You were not easy or anywhere near enjoyable, but that does not mean that you held no value. Each day that I press on through this journey of  healing and recovery is a day worthy of celebration. Each day of healing, as slow and painful as it may feel, is still a valuable day. I choose to celebrate rest, to celebrate downing green smoothies and reading for hours. I choose to celebrate the fact that it's not sweltering hot outside, but that July has blessed us with gentle rains. I choose to celebrate the fact that my family is supporting me so graciously and giving me my every need. 

Physical pain is never fun. No one likes being stuck to the couch for days with doctors orders of no showering for four days. So how do I spend my time honoring God in the midst of great pain? Here's what I've learned:

1. I can get excited for what lies ahead in my future. This pain is only temporary. It will pass. I will run 10k races and go to medical school and take ballroom dancing classes one day. 

2. I can praise God for all the goodness still present in my life. For family, for friends, for tea, for warm blankets, for who He is as my Healer and Provider and Comforter. 

3. I can celebrate every little moment towards full recovery. Feeling a bit better? Not so sore? *High five* body, you're doing awesome.

Let's here it for two days closer to running that 10k! ;) 

Much love, Vivi 

No comments:

Post a Comment