Friday 10 July 2015

Goodbye teenage years!

J U L Y 10th 

I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Today is my 20th birthday! I have officially breathed the air of Earth for two whole decades. Hearing friends and family congratulate me for "joining the 20's club" is exciting, yet so strange. 20. So many things happen in your 20's. So many things change in your 20's. I thought that I wouldn't feel different, but I do. I feel a sense of newness, the unknown, and it's so exciting. 

Today my family and I celebrated by going out for breakfast, where I got a bowl of greek yogurt and granola so large that I could only eat half at the restaurant, and proceeded to eat the rest for lunch! We also had our favorites of tea, lattes, and coffee. I received beautiful new water color paper, so I eagerly painted a picture to add to my ever growing art wall. Earlier in the morning I opened presents, and I was immensely blessed! The ring pictured below was a very special gift from my dad. :) In the afternoon I had a training session at the local hospital, and trained six new volunteers, giving a tour of the hospital and teaching them the roles of a hospital volunteer. Honestly, I couldn't have spent my afternoon better! I love being a team leader. 

In the evening, we had baked brie cheese with crackers, and chocolate tuxedo cake. I know, my family places great importance on food, haha! We laughed, talked, and spent some quality time together. Birthdays are always such a blessing because my parents take the day off work so we can be together as a family. When it was time to go to bed, I read a chapter of my novel, and here I am now, reflecting on this beautiful day. 

I could've categorized today into "productivity" and "rest and enjoyment," but I decided that today there was far too much overlap. Everything felt so productive, yet everything was so restful and full of enjoyment. In reality, much of our time doesn't fit into nicely labelled categories. Our activities can be productive, restful, fun, all at the same moment, and those are often the best of times.    

Here's to being 20! 




Much love, Vivi 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great one! Welcome to your 20s! That ring is gorgeous, too. :)

    ReplyDelete