Saturday 25 July 2015

Green Pastures

J U L Y 25th 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Hey, friends. Today was day one post-surgery. I was loaded up with pain medication, good books, and my brother took photos of the flowers from outside on my phone for me (can you get any sweeter?!) I've lain here on the couch since 6 am this morning and don't plan on moving any time soon. Here's to rest and recovery and God's amazing healing power! In the midst of this crazy journey, psalm 23 never fails to quiet my heart and bring me peace:

The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

Much love, Vivi 

No comments:

Post a Comment