Tuesday 21 July 2015

To math or not to math

J U LY 21st 
I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Going to a review Calculus class this morning 
Copious amounts of math review for Thursday's midterm. That white board gets some serious love. 

Rest & Enjoyment:
Watching an episode of Father Brown with my family. We love our British mystery series. 
Having a delicious dinner of tomato and feta soup with my family and some great conversation. 
Reading Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer 

Take aways: 
If you have been following this series for a few days or weeks now, you may have noticed a very repetitive theme: math, math and more math. Now, let me clarify something. This math-centered lifestyle is not normal for me, haha! I promise, my days are usually filled with activities other than integrals and fancy algebra. When I sat down to write this post I thought to myself, "Do people really want to hear about how I spent most of the day studying?" Well, I promised myself from the beginning of this series to be honest, to be truthful, and to not fabricate activities to try and make myself look good.

This math filled time of my life is not forever. In just a few weeks I will be forever free of having to take another calculus class. I'll be able to paint more, read more, and spend more time with my family and friends. Seasons of life can be challenging, but I want to always remember that they are just that, challenging seasons, and they too shall pass. 

Much love, Vivi 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment