Wednesday 8 July 2015

Jazz & Earl Grey

J U L Y 8th

 I'm blogging everyday for the month of July, sharing what I learn about what it means to be a steward of time. Time is so precious. This series is a personal experiment where I hope to get a better look into where I invest my time, and how I can better shape my life to serve God through my actions, words, and priorities. Look up the tag "July series" to view each post. 

Productivity:
Spending the morning at camp with the most energetic and wonderful kids on the planet. Watching them paint little canvases is beyond cute. One girl painted a turtle eating spaghetti and my heart melted. 
Working on a math assignment
Booking three physics tests for next week. As my brother and I say: "get stuff doooone!" 
Organizing a couple appointments for next week


Rest & Enjoyment:
Spending time with my family
Reading verses from Hebrews on faith 
Listening to piano jazz music with a mug of earl grey tea and dark chocolate (heavenly, I tell you). 


Take aways: 

1. Looking back at today, it was full of tasks based on the computer, such as homework, emails, music.. Today I learned a simple lesson on time management that I like to call "tab management." Have you ever been trying to focus on something when you see on another tab that you just received an email or a face book message? The notification flashes and I switch tabs to check it out. And then what? I find myself completely off task and it takes me a few minutes to get back into the swing of things after responding to the message. I think tab management is one way we can do better at time management. Instead of having multiple sites open all at once, I'm going to fully commit to whatever I'm doing at the moment. If it's a physics assignment, then the only tabs open will be sites applicable to that task. Removing the distractions of notifications will hopefully enable me to more fully dive into the task at hand, and ultimately, be a better steward of the precious gift of time.

Much love, Vivi 



No comments:

Post a Comment